Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Don't forget to wear green!
Tips to keep your garden green:
- Start with nice rich soil- if it isn't then add some compost
- Water smart- not too much or too little
- Make sure plants get the right amount of light
- Fertilize when needed (use your method of preference)
- Harvest regularly and dead head flowers to keep plant growing and blooming
- Keep the weeds under control- we don't need them stealing nutrients
- Practice companion planting to get the good insects coming and the bad ones far away
- Check for garden pests and diseases regularly and get rid of them ASAP
- Plant a bee friendly area so they can pollinate your plants
Also- today is the day to plant cilantro!!!
Stay green and stay healthy! Get out and plant something... anything and we promise not only will it start you on a path of eating fresh, but also make you feel great when you are able to go out and harvest it!
-Mom and E