Saturday, June 23, 2018

I am back....

     I know it has been a llloooonnnnggg time (ok.. years) since I have posted, but big E moved on from gardening to other adventures. We added little E to the family and frankly I just didn't have the energy. Now little E is 3 and she is into gardening, so since I am growing more (last few years have just been strawberries, cucumber, and tomatoes) I have decided to pick the blog back up. For this first post back I am going to talk about the space I garden in.

     Small gardening is my thing because I am gone most of the week during the summer and my husband has no interest in gardening. If it is really hot and I ask him to water he will, but otherwise it is my baby to rock. A small garden allows me to keep up with a good watering each weekend and to actually harvest food when it is ripe.

     I use only a few areas around the house to garden in, which greatly helps me water as I can do about half  it with the water hose and only have to fill up the watering can two or three times to get the rest.

     The first area is the flower garden bed in the front. The second area is along one side of my house. The picture below shows how they look today.


The front bed I grow my veggies directly in the ground, but the side bed is more prone to hard clay and gets very wet. There I do a combination of in ground plants and containers. 

The third spot is in the back. I have a small stretch for the grapevine and also a small area under the steps to the porch and up against the house.



I love to garden on small scale and see what grows and try to cram as much in as possible. Look for future posts outlying what I have in each space this year. 

Happy gardening everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment