Saturday, September 29, 2018

Sweet Potato Update- End of September




 Our sweet potato slips that we got last month in an amazing sale are still growing. As you can see we have had some bugs eating at the leaves, but overall the plants are still doing well. I don't think we have any potatoes yet, and am not sure if we will before it gets too cold, but the leaves are spreading everywhere! So far I think that using cloth shopping bags as worked well. The roots have starting going through the bottom, which I guess isn't a bad thing.  I will continue to update as Fall progresses and the plants grow. I am working on developing a system to keep the plants alive (hopefully) through the cooler weather in the hopes we will indeed get some sweet potatoes. If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to leave them in the comment section.

Happy Gardening Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment