Thursday, April 8, 2021

Tuesday Musing...

 I started this blog when my son was just a little fella and it is hard to believe he is now 16!! So I wanted to do a little throwback with some of my favorite Ebear memories over the years.

The first cucumber we grew and harvested was so exciting.  I couldn't wait to eat it, but he just looked at me in horror and said We can't eat him! He is Roy E. Boy! Yes, he named it. Then he proceeded to carry it around until it was going bad. He took that cucumber everywhere from his grandparents to out to eat with us. 

He always loved to cook and come up with his own recipes using up our little garden harvests in the most delightful ways.

He was also creative in how we would plant our fruits and veggies. Case in point is this lively pea tower complete with all kinds of little toys to get lost in the jungle. 


He even loved to share the delight of gardening with others. 

I know that the time for all our garden fun is on pause if not lost all together. He is a teenager and those activities simply aren't cool anymore (nor am I). I understand, but it still tugs at my heart. I know he will continue to grow (though he towers over me as is), his voice will get deeper, and before long he will move out and leave. I can only hope that one day he will come back to visit and perhaps join me in the garden.

What is your favorite gardening memory and who was it with? 












18 comments:

  1. I just started my garden inside last week. it so crazy how fast they are growing so excited to have a garden of my own this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella that is so exciting and I wish you the best of luck!!

      Delete
  2. I love your gardens! So creative! And the pictures of your son are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful walking down memory lane and remembering my son as a little guy!

      Delete
  3. We don't have a garden but we did work on an allotment 2 years ago. We loved gathering potatoes and when we harvested our own rocket and spinach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting potatoes. I don't know why but it is like a little treasure hunt each time. My spinach usually bolts at some point, but so far it is doing ok this year though I have planted it in the shade and it is only April.

      Delete
  4. He has his own recipe?! Ugh.. that was so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does. He used to love to cook. Only sometimes now- he can make pie really well too (which I am terrible at). Now if I could only get him to do dishes or clean his room. lol.

      Delete
  5. Love this! I've had my blog for 14 years, it's so crazy to think how things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the way we change then is reflected in our blogs. There are seasons to every life and we are meant to go through them all- sometimes more than once

      Delete
  6. Your son is so cute! Time really flies by so fast, so it's important to take pictures and cherish those little moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does indeed fly by so fast. It seems like yesterday he was born and poof! Like magic he is almost grown.

      Delete
  7. My favorite gardening memory was way back grade school! It was fun and totally messy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a garden and never really had it but I do think it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is! We all have our own things. If you think you would like one but don't have the space grow an indoor plant if you can.

      Delete
  9. We are currently building garden memories! :)

    ReplyDelete