Friday, July 6, 2018

Where the wild things grow...

Sometimes nature is a better gardener than I am. Ok, most of the time she is. I leave a stretch around part of our property to grow as it wishes. Too much upkeep otherwise (though I may get froggy one day and try to tame part of it). Also, I live in a rural area and it gives the local wildlife refuge, food, and safe travels to other areas.

It can be tricky with the animals sometimes, but it is oh so pretty! I hear birds, frogs, and crickets on the regular, and we have wild honeysuckle and blackberries every year. It also gives a rather nice privacy screen, which is especially nice when I don't have to see the neighnors cows during mating and birthing times!

This is what it looks like by my driveway:


Some people think it looks messy and unkempt, but I think it is beautiful and real. If you look closer you will find:


More pics of the side and back of the property:


A few up close photos:


Does anyone else let some area grow naturally? I'd love to see some pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment